Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Another robot

Lately, I've been working on a character I call the Raider.

He may be built like a garbage can, but he can move fast when he needs to.

I've built two different cannon arms for him – one with a retractable dagger thing, and one with two barrels.

Also, a rocket launcher.



The Raider has roller-treads for feet. Like roller skates, only with treads.


And they're rocket powered!


I got the idea for the rocket boots from a video game called Cybernator.
In Cybernator, you pilot an extremely well-armed giant robot.

The Cybernator (of course the game would be named after the robot) walks pretty slowly, but when you need speed, you can dash.

What's nice is that you can change what direction you're going while dashing. You can pull off some satisfying maneuvers – like sliding backwards away from an enemy while shooting – with this ability.

Cybernator also happens to be the most explosive Super Nintendo game I can think of at the moment.



I got some inspiration for the Raider's design from the earlier Megaman X games.

No comments:

Post a Comment